Monday 27 February 2012

Sweet Dissent

Hi guys, welcome to Orygyn!

3 days ago, I posted my last video: "Taxation Is Not Theft". I've never received a response quite like the one I got to that video. I knew there was a significant and passionate anarcho-capitalist presence on YouTube but it's one thing to know that and think they might stumble across the video, and another when they actually do it. And it feels great!

Over the past 3 days, I have had many valuable discussions with these people. At times it has been stressful, and all of them have responded to absolutely everything I've said. Some didn't understand my argument, many others did. My position hasn't changed, but my understanding of the issue has significantly developed, and surely it has worked both ways. Maybe you agree, maybe you disagree, but I've been waiting for this for a while. As a skeptic, there is simply nothing like civil disagreement.

On YouTube, many discussions end in drama. I've seen many and even played a minor role in 1. What happened on my most recent video is what needs to happen more often. Nothing was ever conceded in these discussions, but what's important is why you think what you think. If you end up more rational as a result of these discussions, you've benefited from them.

That's all for now, my next response will take full advantage of the blog format to respond to all the arguments that were raised and to look as deeply as possible at the issue. If it was on YouTube it would be one of my epics like "William Grim's "Aesthetics of Hate" - A Debunking" or "Variablast and the All Powerful N-Word".

8<{D-

No comments:

Post a Comment